We know that you have been working hard to lead your community and staff through these challenging times. May is fast approaching and we thought it was important to update you on what American Pool has been doing so far this spring. We understand the importance of communication, especially during these unusual times.
Our lifeguard recruiters continue to connect with applicants and are performing face-to-face virtual interviews every day. We’ve developed a hybrid training program so that our applicants can begin training with in-house instructors via video conference without delay. The hands-on aspects of the course will be completed as soon as permissible. Further, we have a healthy percentage of returning guards who won’t require re-certification this year and we have secured American Red Cross certification extensions for many more.
In keeping with the required social distancing protocols, we are continuing repairs and preparations for the upcoming season. In terms of mechanical operations, we have developed our 5 phase approach to navigating the pool season. We continue to monitor developments and maintain close contact with area health departments and industry groups to share the latest information. Please take a moment to review the description of each phase below.
- Phase 1 – PREPARATION: Normal pool preparations, repairs, etc.
- Phase 2 – MAINTENANCE: Sanitation and filtration to keep water clear and surfaces free of gross debris. The pool can remain in this phase as long as necessary to protect the facility and public health.
- Phase 3 – APPROVAL FOR USE: Health authority provides guidance on the open for use date and additional provisions and American Pool completes health inspections, other required inspections, lifeguard orientations, etc.
- Phase 4 – OPEN FOR USE: Requirements satisfied and the pool is in use.
- Phase 5 – WINTERIZATION: Normal winterization of the pool.
While we are all in uncharted waters together, please know that American Pool is working hard and applying resources to find the best path for our clients and associates. We look forward to continuing our work with you and appreciate the confidence you have placed in us this season.