J-1 Work and Travel Employment

United Work and TravelUnited Work and Travel is a division of American Pool Enterprises that provides cultural experiences to international students during the summer.

The J-1 Summer Work/Travel program allows students to work as lifeguards, amusement park workers, housekeepers, waiters/waitresses, hotel staff, resort area workers, and many other jobs while earning money to support their stay in the United States of America.

During this trip, students experience American culture, improve their English language skills and explore the United States with a 30-day travel period.

How do I apply?

If you are an international student looking for this type of summer experience, simply visit www.unitedworkandtravel.com. There you will need to:

1. Find your local recruiting agent by using our Map of Partners.

2. Then apply online for one of our programs.

What is required to apply?

Please review the requirements below to see if you are eligible for this program.

As an applicant, you must be able to prove that you are:

  1. Able to function (conversational or better) in an English-speaking environment (both in a living and a working environment)
  2. Currently enrolled full time in a university outside of the USA
  3. A full-time student at the time that you submit your application (you must also be registered for a full-time course load for the semester following your work/travel program)
  4. Between the ages of 18 and 28
  5. Able to arrive in the USA before your employment period begins and begin working by your confirmed job start date
  6. Able to stay in the United States for the duration of your program (through the last date listed on your DS 2019 form)
  7. Able to support yourself upon arrival in the USA for a period of three weeks (requires approximately $600 – $800 American dollars)
  8. Capable of performing the duties and tasks outlined in your job description

All applicants must also undergo an interview and screening process conducted by a United Work and Travel staff member.

If you have any further questions or concerns about United Work and Travel’s program requirements, please inquire with your home country recruiting agent or send an email to students@unitedworkandtravel.com.

Go to Unitedworkandtravel.com